Musica Viva existed in its first few years as a result of the energy and interests of mainly European refugees who sought to keep their cultural interests alive and see them flourish in their new country.
We are extremely grateful to our volunteers. We recognise the dedication and time spent in roles on committees, administration and providing specialty services.
Musica Viva also welcomes students and interns seeking industry experience.
Volunteers assist in the following types of activities:
• data entry
• library maintenance/archiving
• membership in committees supporting activities in each state
• front of house and backstage organisation
• regular weekly support in artistic, marketing and operations
• hosting receptions for artists and subscribers
Some volunteers commit to one day per week and others prefer to be on call for extra assistance with such jobs as mail-outs, collating or audience surveys. Special projects often require volunteers for a short, defined period of time.
Volunteer WH&S Policy
If you would like to join us, Musica Viva would love to hear of your interest in our national volunteer program. Please send the following information to Trish Ludgate
1. Why are you interested in volunteering at Musica Viva?
2. Tell us about your work experience
(please attach your resume if possible).
3. What is your availability?
Trish can also be contacted on 02 8394 6610.
Musica Viva would like to thank all our wonderful volunteers:
Ms Alison Barton
Ms Lucinda Creenaune
Mr Joan Cortes
Mr Lachlan Evans
Ms Chelsea Denny
Mr Toby Frost
Ms Xiaoshi Guo
Ms Bridget Healey
Ms Anna Hoetjes
Ms Rose Kavanagh
Ms Kerri Keiwan
Mr Phil Noack
Mr Hoag Pham
Ms Maree Potts
Mr Rafael Omar Salgado Sotelo
Mr Maxim Sheko