Suitable for all students up to year 12
This innovative program involves a professional composer working with you and your students, providing creative opportunities unlike any other.
Composer in the Classroom allows students to work collaboratively with a composer/educator to introduce and develop compositional skills.
The composer can:
- Compose a school or class song
- Create classroom compositions and engage in improvisations
- Create musical stories which can lead to productions eg musicals, films, plays, jubilee celebrations
- Develop creativity and composition skills through interactive activities and games
- Mentor teachers in composition and arranging skills
- Develop skills in using music technology
- Workshop senior student composition tasks
1-3 days $700 per day
4-6 days $660 per day
7-10 days $630 per day
11+ days $610 per day
Costs reduce per day on a sliding scale. Eg 4 days would cost (3 x $700) + (1 x $660).
Additional travel expenses apply for regional schools.