Artists in residence for primary and secondary schools
Does your school band need professional help? Or your orchestra, fine-tuning? Would you like someone to work with students to help write a school song, or even a musical? Musician In The Classroom is our artist in residence program, in which we send a professional musician or composer to work directly with students. This could be one-on-one coaching for a few elective music students, or in a classroom environment. Whatever your requirements, we’ve got the right professional to match!
The musician can:
- Work with individual classes
- Work with students with particular needs
- Work with special needs students
- Develop or enhance existing instrumental, classroom or vocal programs
- Mentor teachers in music education
- Introduce materials to support the Live Performance Plus program
- Teach particular repertoire to students
The composer can:
- Compose a school or class song
- Create classroom compositions and engage in improvisations
- Create musical stories which can lead to productions eg musicals, films, plays, jubilee celebrations
- Develop creativity and composition skills through interactive activities and games
- Mentor teachers in composition and arranging skills
- Develop skills in using music technology
- Workshop senior student composition tasks
1-3 days $700 per day
4-6 days $660 per day
7-10 days $630 per day
11+ days $610 per day
Costs reduce per day on a sliding scale. Eg 4 days would cost (3 x $700) + (1 x $660).
Additional travel expenses apply for regional schools.