Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Accounts Administrator
Location of job: Sydney on Gadigal land (other locations where Musica Viva has an office may be considered)
Appointment type: Permanent full-time
At Musica Viva Australia we work to create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music to build a stronger, more creative world.
Musica Viva Australia has an opportunity in the Finance and Admin team under the Chief Financial Officer to oversee the accounting functions and provide crucial budget and forecasting support and advice to departments across the company.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing the Accounts Administrator. The position works closely with the Project Accountant and staff within business units including ticketing, marketing and operations.
Key Criteria for Sucess:
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Experience in all areas of financial accounting including cash flow, accounts receivable and payable, fixed asset management, GL maintenance, reconciliations, reporting and annual accounts
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of budget/forecast preparation and variance analysis
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who works with initiative, commitment and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, problem-solving and report writing skills
- Proven ability to manage workload with limited supervision to achieve required outcomes within tight deadlines
- Completion of appropriate accounting or financial administration qualification (degree or diploma) with significant progress towards or completion of a professional accounting body membership (preferably CA/CPA)
- Accounting software experience (preferably SAGE) and advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with a CRM system, preferably Tessitura
- Knowledge of Crystal reports / SQL
- An interest in, and understanding of the Australian performing arts environment, and in particular, classical music
To apply: Send your resume and a one-page letter introducing yourself and addressing the key skills and experience detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In the subject of the email and for each file you attach, please add the following code FINACC21 and your Last Name (e.g. FINACC21 Vickers). Applications not correctly titled may not be correctly processed.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by directly contacting Director People and Culture, Sarah Vickers, by email at email@example.com.
Applications close: 6pm Friday 3 September 2021. Applications are being considered throughout this period so apply early.
View the full job description here.