Reports to: ACT Manager
Location of Job: Canberra on Ngunnawal Land
Appointment type: Permanent Part time (2 days or 15.2 hours per week)
Musica Viva's Mission
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
We are seeking a part-time (2 days or 15.2 hours per week) arts management administrator to join our Musica Viva team in the ACT. This position is expected to develop and sustain working relationships with stakeholders including teachers, subscribers, donors and artists in the delivery of Musica Viva programs in the ACT.
The team works in consultation with the Marketing, Concerts, Education, Finance and Development teams in the national office and this role plays a vital role in building and maintaining productive and trusted professional relationships with individuals from those teams.
We’re proud of our reputation for having a great work culture and helping to develop some of the most talented arts professionals in our sector. If you’re brimming with enthusiasm about reaching varied and diverse audiences and you’re passionate about live performance and the arts in Australia in general, you’ll love working with us.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role.
- Well-presented, demonstrating confidence and a commitment to Musica Viva’s vision
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and care
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to prioritise calmly and effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, with an ability to maintain existing processes and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Flexible, as some out of hours work is required
- Enthusiasm for working to a high standard in a support role as part of a close-knit team
- Proficiency in CRM programs (Tessitura or similar), but training will be provided
- A current driver’s licence
- Familiarity with the ACT arts environment
Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to email@example.com.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code ACTADMIN22 and your full name. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting ACT Manager Leah Blankendaal by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Tuesday 9 August, 2022.
View the full job description here.