Creative Producer, Education
Reports to: Director of Education
Supervises: Program Coordinator, Education
Location of Job: Sydney on Gadigal land
Appointment Type: Full time Permanent
At Musica Viva Australia we work to create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
Musica Viva Australia’s Education programs are developed mainly for a primary school audience and are comprised of three elements:
- live performance,
- digital resources, and
- online teacher professional development
The Creative Producer leads the development of new education programs and the maintenance of existing programs, working within the Education team to ensure the highest quality artistic, education and business outcomes.
The role will be responsible for the roll out of Education programs, ensuring that all materials are of the highest quality, meet the needs of the target audiences and are delivered efficiently and effectively. Led by the Director of Education, this role has significant planning and managerial responsibility as well as creative input.
As a member of the Education team for Musica Viva, this position reports directly to the Director of Education and works collaboratively to facilitate the achievement of Musica Viva’s mission and strategic objectives.
The position works closely with the Artistic Director, Education, Professional Development Manager, Operations Manager, Education and manages the Program Coordinator. The position also has some relationship with the State Education, Sales & Marketing teams.
Key Skills and Experience
A range of skills would be valuable for this role, and Musica Viva is interested in hearing from people who have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and producing live performance projects
- Demonstrated experience in the design and delivery of digital or multimedia products, with a focus on the education space
- High level project management experience, with a proven ability to manage teams and meet budgets and deadlines
- High level of interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Musically trained, an ability to read music and a knowledge of a broad range of musical styles and genres
- Proficiency in music notation software such as Finale or Sibelius
- Demonstrated teaching experience, preferably as a qualified teacher
- Demonstrated ability to write teaching activities to meet both diverse curriculum requirements and the needs of a wide range of participants
- Up-to-date Working with Children clearance, or the ability to obtain such clearance
- Ability to work flexible hours
Send your resume and a one-page letter introducing yourself and addressing the key skills and experience detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at email@example.com.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code PRODED21 and your LAST NAME (e.g. PRODED21 VICKERS). Applications not correctly titled may not be correctly processed.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Tuesday 2 November 2021
View the full job description here.