Professional Development Presenters - Expression of Interest Invitation
Reports to: Professional Development Manager
Location of job: National - Multiple Contracts Available
Appointment type: Freelance Contract. Reliable internet access is required.
Musica Viva’s Vision is an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
Musica Viva Australia is proud to present a range of face-to-face and online professional development opportunities to support music teaching in Australian schools. The purpose of these sessions is to build teachers' capacity and confidence in their primary school music teaching and to encourage creativity and exploration in their classroom to enhance children’s appreciation of music and boost their creativity.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced music educators in all areas of Australia to help create and present dynamic, interactive, and engaging 2-hour sessions of Face to Face and/or online PDs as part of Musica Viva Australia’s professional development program. Existing PD Presenters in our programme do not need to apply.
You will be expected to:
- Present high quality professional development sessions that are aligned with Musica Viva Australia’s vision and purpose.
- Help create interactive content and teaching examples for attendees at PD that align with state curriculum and syllabus.
- Collaborate with the PD Manager on content, delivery and style of presentation.
You will have:
- Bachelor of Music Education or Bachelor of Education qualification with significant music expertise qualifications or higher
- At least five years of primary classroom teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience of presenting skills
- High level written communication skills
- Experience delivering peer mentoring or providing training to adults
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Musica Viva in Schools programme
- Substantial knowledge of the relevant Music Syllabus/Curriculum for their respective state in which the course is being delivered (e.g. The Arts: Music strand in the Australian Curriculum)
- Ability to present online
- Orff Schulwerk or Kodaly qualifications (desirable but not essential)
You must have access to a computer with reliable and fast internet access
Potential Areas of Interest for PD (please specify your area of interest in your application)
- Music across the Curriculum
- Singing in the Classroom
- Composition K-6
- Music and Movement
- Music and Culture
- Other (please specify)
To apply: Send a resume and concise letter (maximum 2 pages) telling us about yourself and why you would
be a great Professional Development Presenter for Musica Viva in Schools to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code PDP22. EOIs not including this code may not
be correctly processed. Inquiries can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at email@example.com.
Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Thursday 30 September 2021