Marketing Coordinator, Education
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Supervises: Casual and volunteer staff as required
Location of Job: Sydney on Gadigal land. Other locations may be considered.
Appointment Type: Full time Permanent
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
The Marketing Coordinator, Education plays a pivotal role in the marketing department, supporting all marketing activity across the team with a particular focus on our Musica Viva in Schools (MVIS) education programs and products. The key areas of activity include:
- Campaign Execution
- Email / Website / Digital
- Database and Direct Marketing
- Competitor Research
- Audience Development activities
- Promotional activities
The position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager, who in turn reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. Although directly accountable to the Senior Marketing Manager, the role works closely with the Director of Education and the Education team, Artistic Director, Education, and the State Managers, to ensure that Education marketing strategies reach targets and are effective nationwide. The position works closely with the Box Office team, Database Administrator, and team members across PR and communications, digital marketing (including social media) to ensure campaigns are fully integrated.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or other related discipline or comparable work experience.
- Experience in direct marketing, including briefing and overseeing creative development, and post-campaign analysis is highly desirable.
- Financial and analytical skills to effectively manage budgets and measure campaign success.
- Highly motived, energetic and enthusiastic professional.
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective negotiation skills.
- Eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency.
Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the qualities that will make you successful in this role to email@example.com.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code MKTED21 and your LAST NAME, e.g. MKTED21 VICKERS. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Thursday 28 October 2021
View the full job description here.