Operations Coordinator, Concerts
Reports to: Operations Manager, Concerts
Location of Job: Sydney on Gadigal land (interstate locations considered)
Appointment Type: Full time Permanent
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
The Operations Coordinator, Concerts provides administrative and touring support to the operations activity of the Concerts and Communities department, including tour management, specifically in the areas of the Musica Viva Australia’s Concert Season, Discover (digital live streams) and any other concert event as delivered as part of Musica Viva Australia’s concert season.
This position sits within the Concerts and Communities Department and reports to the Operations Manager. It has close working relationships with all members of the Concerts and Communities team, state managers, Development and administration departments of the company.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role
- Exceptional organisational, time management and administrative skills
- Experience in artist liaison, tour administration and concert presentation
- Availability to tour interstate for extended periods multiple times during the year
- Availability to work occasional evenings/weekends as required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, including effective negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and establish strong working relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Full current driver’s license
- A music background or appreciation and knowledge of music
- Previous touring experience
- Stage management experience
- Experience with Tessitura (or similar) CRM database
Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to email@example.com.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code OPSCON22 and your LAST NAME. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
View the full job description here.