Operations Manager, Concerts
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Supervises: Operations Coordinator
Location of Job: Gadigal Country, Zetland
Appointment Type: Full time Permanent
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
The Operations Manager, Concerts for Musica Viva Australia is responsible for the excellent presentation of the Australian and international artists engaged for the Concert Season, festivals, and any other major concert activity. This includes management of scheduling, budgeting and execution of tour logistics for artists touring within those programs and all details of concert presentation with venues booked for performances.
The position also supervises the activities of the Operations Coordinator in conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager.
As this position works closely with other key National Office staff to provide support for the logistics of our performances in Sydney and Newcastle, this role is required to be based in our National Office.
We’re proud of our reputation for having a great work culture and helping to develop some of the most talented arts professionals in our sector. If you’re brimming with enthusiasm about reaching varied and diverse audiences and you’re passionate about live performance and the arts in Australia in general, you’ll love working with us.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role
- A music background or appreciation and knowledge of music
- Previous touring experience and/or artist management experience
- Experience in tour administration and organising live performing arts presentations
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Availability to tour interstate for extended periods multiple times each year
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including effective negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and establish strong working relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Due to the nature of our work and potential for contact with vulnerable people, it is a requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as well as up to date with any recommended booster shots.
- Full current driver’s license
- Stage management experience
- Experience with Tessitura (or similar) CRM database
Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to email@example.com.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code OPSCONMAN22 and your LAST NAME. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting People and Culture Director Sarah Vickers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Apply ASAP. Applications will not be accepted after 6pm Sunday 8 May 2022. Interviews will take place in week commencing 16 May 2022. The successful candidate must be able to commence by mid-June 2022.
View the full job description here.