Queensland State Manager and Public Affairs Manager
Job Title: QLD State Manager (0.8FTE) and Public Affairs Manager (0.2FTE)
Reports to: Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Location of Job: Meanjin, on Turrbal and Yuggera Country, Brisbane
Appointment Type: Permanent Full-time (or may be 0.8FTE as Qld State Manager only)
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world. If you’re brimming with enthusiasm about reaching varied and diverse audiences and you’re passionate about live performance and the arts in Australia in general you’ll love working with us.
We are seeking an arts management professional who is an all-rounder to be the “face of Musica Viva” in Queensland, responsible for developing and implementing strategies to strengthen Musica Viva’s reach and presence in Queensland. This role has responsibility for the delivery and smooth operation of Musica Viva public concerts and education activities to audiences and schools throughout the state, working in conjunction with the organisation’s National Office staff, the Qld MVA local staff and the Committee/volunteers.
This role also serves as the company’s Public Affairs Manager (0.2FTE), responsible for devising strategies to promote Musica Viva as an organisation, to extend awareness of the unique functions of the company to its stakeholders and to the wider public, including seeking, stewarding and managing reporting for government funding relationships at all levels of government.
This role may be adjusted to not include the Public Affairs Manager component, making it a part-time role (0.8FTE) instead.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role:
- Previous management experience. within either a state-wide or national organisation
- Flair in building effective relationships to raise profile and revenue from different types of stakeholders and networks.
- Demonstrable leadership capacity to:
- initiate and implement local strategies to generate earned revenue outcomes in Qld;
- initiate and implement local strategies to generate contributed revenue outcomes in Qld; and
- recruit, engage and manage staff.
- Proven capacity working with leadership volunteers and mobilising advocates.
- Demonstrable effectiveness working as part of collaborative team.
- Budget management.
- Attention to detail in both written and budget documentation
- Project management, decisively prioritising competing objectives and making clear decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the capacity to speak publicly in a representational role on behalf of Musica Viva in Qld as required.
- Familiarity with the Qld educational and school systems.
- Familiarity of, and relationships with local Qld arts and education promotional networks.
- Experience in developing audiences for the arts and/or education.
- Experience in securing and acquitting grants
- Understanding of how to leverage CRM effectively to meet MVA’s goals.
- Commitment to the value of live music performance and a general understanding of fine music.
- Capacity to work flexibly, incorporating regular out-of-office hours work and a small amount of interstate and intrastate travel.
- Driver’s license desirable - plus optional access to a vehicle from time to time.
- As this role may require you to visit performance venues, schools and have contact with vulnerable individuals, it is a requirement of this role that you be fully vaccinated as well as remain up to date with all recommended booster shots.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Tessitura CRM system.
- Management experience within a national organisation.
Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to email@example.com.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code QLDMGR22 and your LAST NAME. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm 25 March 2022
View the full job description here.