South Australia State Coordinator
Reports to: SA State Manager
Location of Job: Adelaide on Kaurna Country (and working flexibly)
Appointment Type: Permanent Part time (0.4FTE / 15 hours per week)
Musica Viva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
We work together to help create an Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
We have an opportunity in our South Australia office for an arts administrator to join this small and high-performing team under the SA State Manager to help develop and sustain working relationships with stakeholders and artists in the delivery of Musica Viva Australia programs in SA.
In this part-time position, you’ll enjoy a varied and wide-ranging role working across a wide range of activities in our Concert Season and school activities.
You’ll get involved in all aspects of:
- Sales and Marketing
- Concert Operations and Customer Service Note: Some occasional extra out of hours work on a Tuesday or Thursday evening on concert nights will be required
- Stakeholder Engagement
Qualities that will make you successful in this role:
We’re proud of our reputation for having a great work culture and helping to develop some of the most talented arts professionals in our sector.
We are looking for a keen all-rounder, someone who loves music, music education and is a keen patron of the arts who will enjoy being involved in all areas of our work. Some key skills and experience you’ll need to be successful are:
- Strong organisational skills
- Enjoyment in pursuing targets and concluding sales negotiations
- Energetic self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in a flexible, hybrid working team environment
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and care
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in data entry and management
- Proficiency in the suite of MS programs
- The ability to work occasional evenings
- Well-presented, demonstrating confidence and a passion for the arts and education
- Ability to remain calm under competing deadlines
Send your resume and a one-page letter introducing yourself and addressing the key skills and experience detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at email@example.com.
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code SACOORD22 and your full name (e.g. SACOORD22 Sarah Vickers). Applications not correctly titled may not be correctly processed.
Please include a well-written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family-friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities.
We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Monday 21 February 2022
View the full job description here.