2024 Coaching Program
Any ensemble intending to enter Strike A Chord or the Novice Section can apply for one private coaching session with a Musica Viva Australia-affiliated artist.
Coaching Sessions are FREE, and a great way to prepare for your entry by learning some useful tips and tricks from one of Australia’s leading chamber musicians.
What is included
- Up to 1 hour per group, delivered in a single session.
- Expert tutors from Musica Viva’s extensive network of professional chamber musicians.
- Sessions will take place at a venue organised by the group – e.g. a school, community hall or other suitably-sized space.
Due to the limited number of sessions available each year, priority is given to regional and low ICSEA groups, and groups with at least one First Nations-identifying student.
Coaching Program Applications now open
Apply for the 2024 Coaching Program below.
- Applications Open: 23 February 2024
- Applications Close: 22 March 2024
*Applications must be submitted by a parent, guardian or teacher over the age of 18.
Groups MUST be available during the following dates:
Beginning of Term Two (Monday 22 April – Friday 19 May)
If you have any questions about the Coaching Program, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Strike A Chord Coaching Program has a limited number of sessions available. Please be aware your application may not be successful this year.
2. Each one-hour coaching session will take place between 22 April and 19 May 2024 at a mutually agreed time between you, Musica Viva Australia, and your assigned tutor.
3. CANCELLATIONS: If your group cannot attend your scheduled session for any reason, please notify us as soon as possible. Musica Viva Australia will make every effort to reschedule with your tutor if we can. If you wish to withdraw from the program, you must notify Musica Viva Australia at least two weeks prior to your scheduled session. If withdrawing less than two weeks prior to your scheduled session, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $250 per group.
4. The Strike A Chord Coaching Program is provided by Musica Viva Australia as an opportunity to encourage and support groups planning to enter Strike A Chord. It is therefore expected that groups participating in the Program will subsequently submit an entry to this year’s competition. If for any reason a group that receives a Coaching Program session does not enter Strike A Chord 2024, they will be ineligible for the Coaching Program the following year.
5. The coaching sessions may be filmed or photographed for use on MVA networks to promote the work of the company. By participating in the Strike A Chord Coaching Program, you acknowledge that any students under the age of 18 have consent from a parent or guardian to be filmed or photographed. Any student who chooses not to consent must notify MVA prior to the coaching session.
Students receiving coaching at Spinifex State College, Mt Isa from Helentherese Good